Organizational Consultant & Leadership Coach
Click here to send James a message
If you want to help your team, your organization, or your community thrive in a changing world, then you will want to practice foundational leadership. As a leader, people are counting on you, and you are counting on yourself to succeed without taking the life out of you!
Leaders are made stronger by practicing the four foundational leadership elements: self-management, adaptation, creativity or innovation, and integration.
Whatever our roles in life, wherever we sit in an organization, we can be leaders... at the top, at the bottom or somewhere in the middle. What distinguishes leaders from the rest? Practicing the right habits of mind, of heart, and of will.
- ICF Certification in 2010
Other Experience and Expertise:
- Organizational Development
- Human Resources
- Strategy Development
- Balanced Scorecard Design
Coaching Style, Philosophy, or Specialty:
People I work with gain greater self-awareness, manage their anxiety, and develop the ability to be both in the fray and above it. They are driven by a sense of hope, and grow their compassion for the other human beings orbiting around them. They come to realize that their success depends on their ability to act in their own interests, without creating troubling wakes, and in sustaining that over time. Experience has shown me that this is true for individuals in all roles and all levels--not just at the top.
It is also true that we all need an outside perspective to learn how to do this: to keep us sharp, and to help us to see around our blind spots. This is because we continually struggle to find our bearings as leaders˜to find the places where we will take a stand.
Elements of integrity, awareness, seem to be more determinative than other requirements for leadership (like subject matter knowledge). Leaders who can sustain high levels of performance--adapting over long periods--appear to be engaged with emotions like hope and compassion, and have lives that honor recovery, balance, and perspective.
Types of Clients or Situations:
- Senior Executives
- Emerging Leaders
- Solo Professionals
- Entrepreneurs & Small Businesses
Services and Format:
- Executive Coaching
- Emerging Leaders/ Succession Coaching
- Shadow Assessment For Executives & Leaders
- On-Boarding Coaching For Executives
- Performance Coaching
- Leadership Consulting
- Meeting Facilitation & Offsite Planning
- Facilitation & Team Coaching
- Individual Foundational Leadership Program
- Team Assessment & Coaching
- Strategy Development
- Balanced Scorecard Design & Development
- I have found that one size does not fit all, so email me to discuss your needs and interests. In general...
- Individual coaching packages range from: $500-$1000/month
- Consulting is priced by project
- Retainer pricing is available